Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Birthday Poem

*warning, this post contains really lame & bad poetry*

When somebody in my family has a birthday I write a little thing about them- but since I’ve been in my “low” lately I’ve missed a few birthdays- every year when we hit the holidays in my family and we have birthdays coming out our ears!
***WARNING- BAD POETRY ABOUT BIRTHDAYS TO FOLLOW- IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH FOR HORRIBLE POETRY PLEASE SKIP AHEAD TO THE END OF THIS POST OR JUST CLOSE YOUR BROWSER WINDOW IMMEDIATELY!- IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POEM- YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK*****

Happy Birthday to some special folks-
Who love to laugh and love to joke-
You are so dear to me in many ways
Lets point out to the WORLD (as if that many people read this blog)
How old you are today-
Mom, dear mom- I can’t even guess
I know your old- but you’re still the best!
You have beat cancer 2 times now
And you’re still mostly-kind-of- sound… (…LOL)
I love you so much you’re an amazing mom,
I mean- look at me, I turned out to be da’BOMB
Instead of counting presents I’m sure you’ll agree
Lets just focus on you staying cancer free.

My oldest sister- so so much older than she admits-
Oh, wait- that’s me that throws the “age” fits…(ha!)
Charity you’re older than me, I want to point that out
She is older, I’m younger- here’s something to think about.
Its time to point out all of the candles on your cake
34 years with me as your sister it’s time to celebrate!
You have made it this far, I haven’t killed you yet (ha!)
I’m just joking- & kidding, so don’t throw a tissy- fit..

I love you both, my sister & my mom
I hope you had a great day that’s come & gone.
I realize I’m late in writing this post
Remember, though, I love you the MOST.
I know this poem is terrible but I try to do it with grace
Just know above all- my hearts in the right place.

******** for all of those people who actually read the entire poem, thank you very much- for all of you who skipped the poem and are reading this now- hey, I don’t blame you- you have saved yourself from some horrible rhyming.
I hope you both had great birthdays-
Love you so much-
The sister who can’t write poetry (and is younger than both of you- I don’t know why but I feel the need to keep pointing that fact out)…
Amber
I

Denise....Mom....54 years young

Birthday Girls Denise (Mom) Nov 19 and Charity (Sisiter) Nov 21 Charity is 34 years young

Tamy (green), Amber holding Steelie (6months), Denise (mom) and Charity (Oldest Sister)

2 comments:

  1. So you post my age out there for everyone to see but not moms? She is exactly 20 years older than me....so HA....figure it out people.

    Nice poem, i will print it and frame it up. I own up to my age, it is just nice to know that my hubby will always be older than me.....Thanks Sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the poem is great, much better than I could do. Thank you for the wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete