Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy 3rd anniversary Justin!

 Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been 3 years! I just want to tell Justin what an amazing husband and father he is. He came into our life when we were in the middle of Tucker’s first round with cancer…. And he’s been with us ever since. Justin never batted an eye at the cancer thing- he just stepped right in and became my support, my strength, my light at the end of the tunnel… my hero & Tucker’s hero. Justin is my best friend, my life & my love. I’m amazed at him every day. I feel like I ask so much of him and he never fails to step up to the plate and blow away my expectations of him as a father, husband, and best friend. We had a goal, that by our 3rd anniversary we would go on a honeymoon- well, that didn’t quite work out (as I’m spending our anniversary today up with Tucker getting chemo), so i’m thinking we will push that honeymoon back to (hopefully) the 5th year? *crossing fingers*. Justin works so hard everyday to support this family, put food on the table, and juggle the cancer life with Tucker. He is running all over the place all of the time and I appreciate him so much for all that he gives to us and all that he does for us. For the longest time I was in total shock that we have to do this cancer thing with Tucker again, but then it occurred me, I’m so grateful and so lucky that I have Justin with us for this battle, I don’t know how I did it without him, and I don’t know what I would do without him now. He has sacrificed so much for us and I want him to know that I know & I will forever be grateful for everything he has done.  Justin, you’re amazing, you’re so talented and skilled and you’re gorgeous… HUBBA HUBBA *wink*… I love you. Oh and honey, while I’m buttering you up- this would be a good time to tell you, In the caramel rolls I made the other night, yes- I did leave an egg shell in the mix, I felt really guilt about that until I saw how pretty the rolls turned out… so I thought it was best to just not mention it.  
Tucker is getting chemo done today- 2 different ones- and 1 of the 2 sure to make him good and sick *ugh* it’s going to be a long night. This chemo called Cytoxan, will make you sick for about 24 hours after you get it. But his check up today was good. We got to see Dr. Afify- when Tucker saw her in the hall way he gave her a HUGE hug- he is taller than Afify! It’s so cute! Some concerns we had today was Tucker’s small headaches he keeps having, I guess it takes anywhere from 3 months to 6 months to have the brain recover from radiation. So as long as they are not getting worse, we will just wait to see and hope they start getting better. They said they will do an MRI if it would make me feel more comfortable, and I’m thinking no- less is more in this case, let’s give it some time and see how it goes.  Tucker’s in a lot of pain today, so they gave him a good dose of IV morphine, and Dr. Afify just states that he will have good days and bad day, good weeks and bad weeks & that is so true.  
Love to all, & happy anniversary Justin..
Amber & Tucker (and Justin)






No comments:

Post a Comment