Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WOW!

I know, I know, not the most brilliant title I’ve come up with so far- but it sums up how I’m feeling, and sometimes the simplest word, is the perfect one.   Let me just say I had no idea how amazing this whole BEAT BOREDOM drive that Tucker wants to do would turn out. Up in my head where  unicorns are real, all politicians are honest and  this is a  cancer free world, I thought – Oh, this will be so small, I’ll get Tucker’s grandma’s and aunts to donate and maybe a neighbor or two- BOY, was I wrong -about a few things - politicians are not honest (GASP! LOL), this world is full of cancer of so many kinds (sad!) and Unicorns aren’t real (sniff, sniff)- well, I HOPE one day that they find a real unicorns (and obviously the cure for cancer)… because I want to own one (what girl doesn’t!), and I’ll name her Princess Penelope, and she’ll eat nothing but glitter and marshmallows. 

I’m in this group on Facebook, it’s a Utah group called Utah Moms with Cancer Fighting Cuties- so I posted in there (there is like 120 members!) about Tucker’s idea BEAT BOREDOM, and if they think unicorns are real (just kidding!) to see what they thought, and they LOVED it! Immediately they all agreed it was such a big need in the clinic area, and one of the mom’s said “That’s the only way I can get my son to go get chemo, is to bribe him with the video games up there!”…. I thought to myself- WOW- Tucker, how did you know? How could I not see this need, but he could? I felt like I really missed something, because after Tucker told me his idea I was hit by the DUH truck- it was SO obvious- and it took Tucker to point it out.  Not only have the mom’s supported me- they were the FIRST to donate! They want all the kids up there,  not just their own, to watch DVD’s that work, and play the gaming systems up there with games that work- its what distracts them from the very serious & scary world of cancer that is going on around them. These kids are amazing- hands down, the strongest most giving lively little kids I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet- and there is just so much joy up there- mixed with some very serious crap! I know that I try to keep that serious crap away from Tucker-that’s my job as his cancer mom- that’s MY business, I’ll deal with the ins & out’s of cancer, chemo’s and transfusion- I want Tucker to TRY to catch some aliens, or roll big monster trucks in a race, or nail a Guns & Roses song on Guitar Hero- that’s his job, well, that and to live, and just keep on’ living. That is why this drive is so important, the DVD’S and the games, help take these kids somewhere else…some “where” fun- leave the serious business to mom & dad.
I meet up with 2 mom’s on Tuesday while Tucker was getting chemo, their kids were also getting chemo- they had brought up DVD’s and GAMES for Tucker’s drive!!! Its like, the feeling of, I just want to cry- I just want them to know, from the bottom of my heart, the last thing you need to do is donate- but thank you thank you- you all see this need don’t you? And not only do you want to make it better for your kid, but you want to help make it better for all the kids & mom & dads up there. Because you know, you know what this will mean up there, better than anybody-Thank you- and when this is all said and done, I’m hoping you’ll have plenty of new games to bribe your kid with to go play during chemo. Someday, its all about the bribery up there.


I can’t hide my excitement over this drive, I’m so SO excited to gather all these games and DVD’S and just replace it all up there- but I’m not nearly as excited as Tucker is. He can’t stop talking about (and he talks- a lot- very fast-kinda like his mom!) and its given him something else to focus on, a goal to obtain. This is perfect for him. I would like to thank anybody and everybody who is going to help Tucker BEAT BOREDOM. I’m so excited to see how this is going to turn out. I am such a lucky mom to have such a wonderful giving kid like Tucker. Having cancer for the 2nd time truly SUCKS… oh it really sucks, but I’m so very utterly grateful to be apart of this experience, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’m the luckiest mom ever.


Not only am I lucky to have such a great cancer fighting cutie, BUT I’m also lucky that we made it home in the nick-of-time, Tucker started to puke on Tuesday when we got home. I mean literally we pulled in the dive way, he opened the car- grabbed his puke bucket- and puked- but it was outside of my car-YA LUCKY! He had to up-chuck a few more times, but is now feeling better. Dr. Afify is please with how Tucker is doing and we will keep moving forward. I just love her; she is the best doctor ever.



Thank you- again- to everybody who is helping us- I can’t wait to see how this Beat Boredom turns out.

Love to all, Justin, & The Unicorn believer- Amber & the lucky-kid-who-didn’t-puke-in-mom’s car-Tucker


Too Cute!

distraction works best

Amber's Favorite Picture

Mathew and Tucker (Amber loves this picture)
Sweet Matthew Burr
www.SweetMatthewBurr.blogspot.com
Mathew donating some DVD's he is also fighting cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment