Friday, March 25, 2011

Its going.. its going.. its……… Is that a football??

We are still at the wonderful, awesome, amazing (umm.. to thick hu?) Hospital. We had a choice yesterday to go home or stay. I had the doctor up in our room yesterday afternoon and we discussed the pros & cons to staying or going. The biggest PRO being- we would be HOME- The biggest CON of staying would be we would not be HOME. Its pretty basic reason, if we stay they can control Tucker’s pain better, and if we leave then I’D have to do it at home. Well Tucker’s pain had been pretty freaking hard to control in the hospital, I didn’t feel quite comfortable taking him home. I said, lets just stay one more night and get him under control first and then we will head out in the morning.
WOW- THAT SOOO WAS LIKE THE BEST GAME PLAY DECISION I EVER MADE! Starting at about 9pm last night the game changed, Tucker threw a curve ball. Tucker changed up the game, first it was baseball, and then he decided right in the middle of an inning- lets play football and we were all left to scramble (ha! Football term!) After him in a panic to keep up with his new game. Tucker was getting worse! I had the feeling like… it started out great… Tucker great hit!!! You smacked that baseball dead on! Look at that long drive hit (baseball term?) to the outfield….. its going… its going… its……. HEY, WHERE DID THE FOOTBALL COME FROM? HURRY QUICK! HE’S MAKING A PASS- TACKLE HIM!
His fever spiked super high; his pain was un controllable and the kicker, his blood pressure dropped to 82/42!! It took some education from the nurses today to tell me just how bad the blood pressure thing is- heck, I’m no nurse…. All I know is you need to have a blood pressure to be alive- tucker has a blood pressure? Great! He’s alive! I kept hearing the nurses talk about giving Tucker a Bolus…. A what now? A Bolus. What the freaking toothpicks is a Bolus? Well, they held one up to me- it’s a huge, gigantic, over sized IV bag of fluid- this thing was enormous! FLAG ON THE PLAY!! They hooked it into to Tucker and put it on a “fast push” that pumped all that fluid into his body in less than 20 minutes! OH AND IF THAT’S NOT ENOUGH they had to do it 2 times the first bag wasn’t enough?? ! Somehow that bolus thing helped stabilize his blood pressure- ALL the “referees” got together and the decided to wait and see if Tucker stabilizes and sure enough around 2am he finally fell asleep, his blood pressure rebounded, his pain under-somewhat- control. It was a really long game last night with too many players on the field and no beer in the concession stand.
When we woke up this morning Tucker looked like he had been put through the ringer- he looked like he was on the losing football team and he was the quarterback that kept getting sacked by a 300lb giant! Because of all the major fluids from the night before (oh did I mention that he had 5 other IV bags of antibiotics along with Bolus?)….his whole face and body has swollen up. He looks like…. Well, like he just drank way to much water! Or that he had a bee sting and his face is swollen up! His eyes were almost swollen shut, he little cute fingers turned into chubby fat sausages… (they were cute)… and then it was like the TIME OUT was over- and on with the HOW MUCH CAN YOU PEE- game. Oh MAN…. A LOT… he can pee…. A LOT. I hope he realizes when he’s 18 years old & reading this- how much I love him, but sometimes you just gotta point out some of your “accomplishments” and tucker- you can sure pee a WHOLE lot AND I’m proud! LOL
As of right now he is doing much better, fevers have broke and pain is under control. They are keeping us one more night because we had such a bad night last night, tucker just needs to be kept under observation that much longer. Better safe than sorry- I get sick to my stomach thinking how close to taking Tucker home we had gotten yesterday- I just can’t imagine where we would be today had he not been surrounded by all these wonderful nurses at the time his blood pressure crashed.
I apologies to all the sports fans for using sports lingo- I definitely have no idea what I’m say- but it sure sounds good.
Love to all, Amber (cheerleader), Tucker (quarterback), & Justin (Linebacker? Fullback? Running back? LOL I have limited football terms in my head- OH I know, the COACH!  )

No comments:

Post a Comment