Tuesday, March 1, 2011

…… And in this corner….. Lets hear it for Tucker!

Ladies & Gentlemen…. In this corner we have Doc-Nurses-Chemo or otherwise known as (and for the sake of this Post) … lets here it for DNC! Aka: Do Not Care; Dude Neither Cat; Dang Nice Car; Don’t Not Can’t; Dingo Nacho Cobra..
LOL I could on & on.
And in THIS corner… the one…. The only- TUCKER! *applause applause* (picture Tucker in a boxing outfit with his gloves on hoping around throwing fake jabs … getting warmed up for the fight!)
*******DING DING DING******** ROUND 1*********
We got up to the hospital today and we went to the 4th floor to be admitted… well due to a full cancer-kids wing (aww.. sad!), we got moved to the 3rd floor it’s the “cancer overflow” portal. I don’t mind- its just me dealing with all of this one thing I don’t care for so much is change- we have always been on the 4th floor, I want to be on the 4th floor (DNC got in a couple jabs). It is what it is- no big deal. In walks DNC (remember Doc’s Nurses Chemo)… and what I thought I knew is nothing compared to what they know (LEFT HOOK punch!) … First Tucker has to get 2 things of different IV’s solutions that both take an hour each to drip before we get the 1st dose of the 3 hour long chemo infusion (jab- jab-jab)- and THEN we get our first dose of the 3 hour chemo .
***FIGHTERS TO YOUR CORNER PLEASE FOR YOUR TIME OUT*****
************************DING DING DIN**** ROUND 2*****
So then DNC said-by the way… did we tell you that we have to give Tucker eye drops every 3 hours on this chemo (Uppercut!!)- I’m like, noooooooooo…why? DNC- well this high amount of chemo can hurt their eyes and make them very irritated. ALSO- there is this little thing we have to look out for, this chemo can possibly have some side effect that deal with his brain (BLIND SIDED DIRTY BELOW THE BELT PUNCH!)- I’m like… what now? What was that? Brain? Problems?
***FIGHTERS TO YOUR CORNER PLEASE FOR YOUR TIME OUT******
(I pull Tucker to the side- Tuc, dude- shake it off- shake it off- those blows were nothing… nothing at all man… we can stay in this fight, we can win this round! You have this fight in the bag! Tucker said: Mom, what are you talking about? You talk about really weird things sometimes and you know you’re really not that funny. I said- RIGHT! GOOD! We are on the same page!! Save the insults for your opponent, but good job practicing on me…Now get back in there and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!)
LOL
*******DING DING DIN****** ROUND 3 *******
Where was I? Oh ya… BRAIN? PROBLEMS? LIKE….??? SUCH AS??? Clarification is needed please. DNC said there is a slight chance of problems- like if he doesn’t remember who he is…he can’t quite function.. he’s not really “HIM” anymore ….
I STARTED TO YELL AT TUCKER: Tucker- you have to BLOCK BETTER! PUT YOUR ARMS UP, COVER-UP YOUR HEAD!! YOU NEED TO BOB AROUND BETTER AND STOP GETTING PUNCHED! Tuck looks at me and just shakes his head- and I do think I saw him roll his eyes…. Hummm…..
DNC said its just something they will be looking for (the brain thing) not something they are really worried about (TUCK GOT A JAB IN-sorta-since this is my post I’ll consider ROUND 3 GOES TO TUCKER!!) lol
***BREAK IT UP BREAK IT UP!!! FIGHTERS TO YOUR CORNERS!!!******
(Tucker, dude, you’re doing great! Good job getting a jab in! Tucker said: Mom, why do you keep calling me dude? I said: FOCUS dude on the fight at hand! LOL)
*****DING DING DING***** ROUND 4
*whew all this boxing is making me hungry!*

DNC- Tucker needs to start eye drops, every 3 hours because this chemo can cause eye infections (Ouch! We felt that UPPERCUT- so much for sleep tonight..)… AND Tucker is going to get a big (Ouch!) shot (Jab jab-ouch!) in this upper thigh AND for 7 days at home you’ll have to give Tucker a shot, 1 shot a day at the same time each day!!
****AND IT’S A KNOCKOUT VICTORY FOR DNC*****************

Ok, well we are all on the same team- we are all fighting the same battle. It’s all for the best. I know… in reality its more like DNC & TUCKER in one corner & CANCER IN THE OTHER!
Tucker is currently on dose #1 of 4- do you wonder what chemo looks like? Here is a picture of Tucker with his chemo. I’m sure more crazy posts will follow this one because this is a great time killer for me, quite frankly its boring up here.
Also, here is our champion, Tucker, on our last LAST day of steroids!!!! Poor little body!
Love you all
Amber & Tucker

Last day of steriods!








The IV bag with the big yellow sticker is the Chemo

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know there is a little gift waiting for you when you get home. I wish I had it sent to the hospital but it will be something to look forward to when you get home. Hugs and keep fighting. Angle Sanderson

    ReplyDelete