Monday, February 28, 2011

Tucker's Post

***typed out by mom***
Tucker: Mom, I’m gonna fart in a minute.
Me- Wait! What?! OH MY GOSH WHAT WAS THAT?!!! ARE YOU OK???!!
Tucker: ****laughing hysterically*** I warned you.
Me: OK, lets get on with this Blog Post to all your friends.
Tucker: ***still laughing***
Me: I will type out anything you want to say- you say it I’ll type it.
Tucker: OK.
From Tucker to the world: I don’t know how I feel this whole thing is just weird. Cancer sucks. Thanks for all the support and money and food and toys and all your HOPE- because everybody has been hoping for me to make it through and I know you have all been praying for me for HOPE. I think you people are really kind and sweet and caring and nice. I feel happy right now *Tucker started to cry-* that everybody believes in me *Tucker is crying pretty hard*…*few minutes later calm tucker* I really hate my pills that I take, they make me cry, they make it hard for me to breath a bit. I wish I could swim & have fun- or have a sleep over at one of my friend’s house. I'm about to go to the hospital to get chemo for 3 days and I think that really sucks. I think the only good thing about going to the hospital for 3 days is the good food I get, and a big comfy bed. My mom sleeps on a hard bed-ha ha to bad for you, MOM! . I really hate the hard bed that she has to use. I don’t get why they don’t make them softer for the mom’s up there. I miss all my friends at school, I miss playing outside and I got a brand new bike for Christmas that I haven’t even tried it out yet, I wish I could ride my new bike, but my legs hurt to bad and I’m too sick and tired. I think by the time I can ride my bike I’ll need a bigger bike. TUCKER LOOKS AT MOM: Hey mom, I’m going to fart again..
MOM: WHAT?! SERIOUS? WHAT WAS….. OH MY GOSH! TUCKER ITS SO HARD TO WRITE THIS UP WHEN YOU MAKE IT HARD TO BREATH!!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS WORK ENVIRONMENT!!! I NEED A MASK!!!
TUCKER: ***laughing hysterically****. Hey mom, remember I want Wendy’s Chicken nuggets to eat tomorrow. I swear they are so soft and don’t hurt my mouth sores. I want everybody to know that Wendy’s chicken nuggets taste really good. I love McDonald's hamburgers but I can’t really eat those right now because of my mouth sores. ***LAUGHING,**** I just farted again, (mom: OH MY GOSH… I THINK WE ARE ABOUT DONE HERE!). Some of my favorite’s things are Lego's Ninja Go, I want more! I love the Yankees and my dog Raven-and I like Honey, but she bugs me a lot. I didn’t really like Toy Story 3 that much, not really. I wish everyday was Saturday. I think being bald kinda sucks, and I looked better and older with hair. To Grandma Karleen, thank you for helping take care of me, I love you and thank you for all the food, all the Wendy’s you got for me. To the best TEACHER EVER Mrs. Shipman, thank you for coming over and teaching me please tell my class I don’t want them to be worried, I’m OK. I just miss them, and I’m just going back up for more chemo BUT I’M OK TELL THEM NOT TO WORRY THAT ITS ALL OK. To Aunt Charity & Aunt Tamy I’m happy you got to come up and see me and get some pictures and brought me cool stuff. Thank you Rachel & Michelle for taking care of the dogs. I’m also happy that you all (including Angie, Kar, Kym, Grams & Gramps Poulsen) got the time to come up and say hi when I was up in the hospital. I wish I would have gotten a picture with my Kymmie (Kym), hey Kym when I’m up there again will you come up so I can get a picture of us? K, Mom, I’m done. Bye everybody!

~~~Mom’s turn- Tucker is having a great night, and we had a blast- aside from the break down with tears in the middle- it was a great post. Well, aside from the occasional gas grenades… He critiqued me and my typing the whole time!!! (GGRRR.. lol) this was really the first time that he felt up to talking about what is going on and sitting back reflecting on what has happened in the past month. I want you all to know I type exactly what he says and I try to emphasize on how he said it. I don’t embellish on what he says, I just type it out exactly as the jumbled thought makes it from his brain to his mouth. I’m a SUPER fast typer and he can talk a million words a minute and I can keep up, no problem- it’s the HAZARD GAS that makes it a dangerous work environment. I’m still recovering from the last bomb he dropped. *whew* It was hard for me to not cry when Tucker was talking about the HOPE- wow! That really got to me… and then he started crying.. and then I cried… we just sat there like 2 big cry babies. I want you all to know that Tucker gets it, he gets the love, the support, the encouragement, the thoughts and prayers that are coming his way-HE DOES GET IT- haven’t we all been praying for HOPE? And the interesting thing is I have never talked to him about HOPE (my talks center around YOU’LL BE JUST FINE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION SO YOUR FINE)- when that word came out of his mouth, I was (in a good way) shocked, humbled, and I had Goosebumps all over! I think Tucker has coined his own Journey’s name, Tucker’s journey of HOPE.
Love you all, Amber & Tucker & Justin.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tucker, Well, going up to the hospital is a change, and that's different from what you usually do. I love that you fart when your mom is around. Chemo farts are awful, aren't they. I will call you and talk, ok? love grandma.

    ReplyDelete