Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday? It has been 1 week!

Its been a week? What? Really? No way! In one way it feels like it should be months already and in the other way I can't believe its been a WHOLE week since I dashed out of my work at 3:30pm to start my new/old direction in this life, again.
I'm not going to get in to much about the technical stuff that's going on with Tucker-man, I think Tamy had that all summed up on our phone call yesterday. I have to sit back and chuckle now because as i was talking to Tamy and she was frantically trying to type out everything I was saying- she was trying to get all the spelling right on all of those super big words. So as I'm talking she would stop me and we would together sound out a word... and agree on the "best guess". She did a great job, thank you Tam.
As far as any developments, nothing new today. People are just as stumped with Tucker as every other day. What I'm hoping for is that I'll get some better direction, a better clear path- if that's possible- on what, when, who- type of things.

Now I want to bring up the whole " brain thing" that came up yesterday with Tucker and I want to point blame in all of your direction... oh yes... it was all your fault- but let me explain why................. now before yesterday & the day before we were entertaining the thought of sending Tucker home. We knew what was wrong with- we were 100% sure as to what was wrong with him. No if, ands, or buts about it. Cancer in the spinal fluid- up in his brain- end of story. From here we go on our cancer treatment way. This was decided the day before yesterday and then things changed... Tucker immediately got worse, and worse.... and worse. What? Worse? YOUR FAULT- YOU BET! Stay with me now, k- well everybody has been praying for Tucker & praying that they find out whats wrong, right? well, at that point we thought we knew what was wrong-the only thing that was wrong- cancer. So he got worse? yea- BUT if Tucker had not got worse at this important point of our time up here-THEY WOULD HAVE MISSED IT-TUCKER HAD TO GET WORSE SO THAT THEY COULD FIND HIS OTHER PROBLEM, the swelling of his brain!!! This was not even a remote thought in ANY of the doctors up here- we were not going to get an MRI done, because we already knew the sole source of the problem. Until he got worse, and because he got worse we were able to find the other major problem in his brain. So what I can guess is all your prayers helped Tucker to get worse so that this problem could be found! Could you imagine if we had went home and nobody knew about the brain swelling? I mean, i can't even think about it! So all your prayers made it possible so that the doctors found the other major problem with him. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Now as to what we are going to do with the brain swelling and such, remains to be seen and we are waiting to see how we move forward. But the comfort is that it was found!
Now the shock that came after his MRI results was really really- well, wide spread. I don't think they have ever had a case before (seriously I'm hearing the nurse/dr gossip of how unusual this is) of a child who relapsed in the Central Nervous System with cancer and then had swelling of the Cerebellum. One doctor said its like if somebody was diagnosed with breast cancer and then colon at the same time- it just doesn't happen- you just don't get 2 huge major problems at once.
Leave it to Tucker to have the most unusual & uncommon & unheard of thing happen to him.
So anyways i just wanted to express my appreciation to all the well wishes and prayers and I want to reassure you that its working.... keep up the good job!
More to come later- love you all.
Amber
Tucker getting his EEG done yesterday





Tucker asleep after his test

Tucker and Aunt Charity, Charity went up yesterday and stayed with Amber and Tucker.

Tamy came up last night to deliver much needed underwear, pj's, shampoo, conditioner and skittles but there was NOOOO way I was going to pose for a picture at 8pm at night.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, I needed it. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am without a computer at home. But, Alisha and I will try to come see you guys this weekend. She wanted to know the best time.

    Well, We will just keep praying for your family but also inspiriation to the doctors on how to help. I am a firm believer in the power of prayers! I know Heavenly Father listens, and have felt his answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. class is so boring without you.Today was dress down day i wore a dress just kidding! Braxton did ok this time i'm really just kidding! HAHAHAHAHAHA here's my email address jjtsosie8@earthlink.net If you can email me i will email you and I check my email all the time.

    jaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaron
    i just read tucker your comment and he liked it, thank you so much!
    Please message as much as you want or email me and i'll share it with tucker amberlaughing@gmail.com

    Shawnalee- this weekend will be fine- i think we will be here. we don't have any plans so come on up when you can.
    love you all- amber

    ReplyDelete