Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Home? Soon?

Yes, Home... home home home... the place where you can puke and poop all you want and nobody cares- you can do it without being attached to a million wired, or without beeping every 2 minutes.... in the comfort of your home- you can scream, shout, laugh, cuss- and no matter what you do or say you can count on one thing- the dogs will love you no matter what (mom's & dads are a given, people). Home- where all your blankets, stuffed animals and underwear are. Home, where the munchies are not nearly as good the hospitals- but the TLC can't be beat. Everything just seems to be better with the great big sloppy slobbery kisses from your huge fat dog. Home where the love is endless but mom's cooking could use some improvement (you all have heard some Amber's cooking stories). HOME HOME HOME- just the sound of the word gives me goosebumps- images of my bed dance in my head- even if I can't sleep on it (I plan on sleeping by Tucker), being feet away from it just feels me with comfort.
Home? Tucker? YES. TOMORROW!
Tucker is having a hard time walking BUT that is not going to get any better, in fact that will be worse thanks to the steroids. So that is not a reason to keep him in the hospital. He is out of immediate danger and now we just have to start the "home-to-hospital, hospital-to-home" journey of our life. We all have to adjust to Tucker how he is now, on our own at home, because this is our life for the next 4 weeks. We all just need to suck it up and realize that the next 4 weeks (the 2years is a given) will be hell on earth for us. With Tucker not walking means he will need consent care 100% of the time and then trying to somehow juggle that with work and trips back up to the hospital- its going to be a long long long 4 weeks. We have to get set up with Home Health care, they are the ones who will supply us with all of tucker's medical needs and a wheelchair. If I remember right from last time they totally hooked us up.

I sure wish Tucker would eat some food- well, eat it and keep it down. I remember when i had a rock hard puke stomach- he could puke and poop all over the place and it would not phase me- but the puke that he's had for the past 2 days has made me almost puke every time- i don't know what happened to my puke-proof tummy, but I sure hope that it comes back soon.

I will let you all know about the possibility of us going home later- but for now all roads point to home tomorrow!!!!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment