Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Sister with Super Powers!

The Sister with Super Powers!

Here is a list of the most common Super Powers that we all know and associate with super heroes….
• superhuman durability
• Superhuman senses / emotions
• Superhuman strength
• Superhuman vision
• Superhuman speed

There are many more super powers but these remind me of my own personal Super Hero, Tamy my little sister. Every time I say to somebody “my little sister Tamy” I immediately get this picture in my head of her when she was 8 years old and had braided pig tails, but the reality is- she could give Wonder woman a run for her money! Between you and me, I think she secretly hides away her Lasso of Truth as her “belt” and her fashionable bracelets she wears are her “indestructible bracelets of power” and up in her hair if you look at just the right time you can catch a glimpse of her powerful tiara…
Super Tamys Powers…
Superhuman speed- Tamy has this ability to run to Target, to pick up kids, drop kids off, to the doctor , the vet, grocery store & to get her hair done- in all under 10 minutes! I’m not kidding!  Well maybe I’m kidding a little, but she has this ability to time her travels down (TIME TRAVEL! ANOTHER POWER) to the very second so what would take me 5 hours to complete- only takes her 1 hour, if even. Now the most impressive thing here is- she has not gotten a speeding ticket!!! (or she hasn’t admitted to it…)… MAYBE she has invisibility power also?!
Superhuman strength- Tamy is a couple inches shorter than me, and you know she’s my “little” sister… you would think she is a puny little thing…. But that could not be further from the truth! She can have 2 kids in one arm and a dog in the other while carrying 10 bags of groceries in from the car all at the same time! It is absolutely amazing! I of course just sit back and watch her, no I don’t offer help, because she got it all… well that and because of her Superhuman speed she already made it in the door- put the kids down, feed the dogs and put the groceries away before I could say “hey, do you need some……never mind, looks like you got it.”
Superhuman senses/emotions- Tamy has these superpower emotions that are just so amazing, I wish I had them! She always keeps it together, never falls apart- and this is big stuff we have been dealing with. She is always the first one to say “don’t worry about it yet, get more information and then we will handle it then.” Other people in my family, as I’m sure in all families, tend to fall apart very quickly (me included!) at the sense of bad news- but not Tamy- she is a ROCK, she is the one you can lean on! How did my little sister get so strong? Oh YA… it probably has something to do with the superhuman strength thing…. There are many time that the phone rang up at the hospital and it was Tamy on the other end just “checking in” with me- little did she know I was hanging by an emotional thread and right at that second I had wished for her to call me.
Superhuman DURABILITY…. That amazing ability to endure- to trudge forward-to tolerate- to CARRY ON… no matter what is in your path… it could be an army of super mutated 3 headed aliens…. Or 3 sicks kids and 1 sick husband (personally I’d pick the super mutated aliens..). Tamy can endure with superhuman strength that I wish I had! She has had so much to bear in this life- including Tucker and me, and you would never know it to look at her. She is always cool, calm & collected…. She is like one of those durable bullet proof glasses, nothing can damage that!
Superhuman vision- this one is simple, I could have just dyed my hair hours ago, and she can march right up to me and STILL find grey hair on my head! Now if that is not a superpower I don’t know what is!! NOT that I’m admitting to having grey hairs…
I would just like everybody reading this (from what I’ve heard this blog is getting popular)… to know everything that Tamy and her husband Rick have done and are doing for me & Tucker. Back when Tucker was first diagnosed with cancer AND this time as well, Tamy was the first one to come up and bring me a bag full of “Tamy-goodies” which consisted of various candies, clothing, soaps, shampoos, and books… pretty much anything I need and stuff I didn’t know that I needed- was in my “Tamy-goodies” bag. At any time during my stay at the “hospital-Hilton” I could & would & have called her in a panic saying I NEED THIS AND THIS AND THIS…. NOW NOW NOW…. And before I knew it (probably the SUPERHUMAN SPEED at play here) she would be walking through the hospital door bringing me my requested items- along with 10 other things that she just thought I might also need. How is that for carrying? Like, here you go- all the stuff you said you needed- and I’ve thrown in a bunch of other things just in case. HOW AWESOME IS THAT? Tamy and Rick went as far as to make sure Tucker & I had a bedroom in their home (1st round with cancer) when they lived in Heber. There basement was unfinished and we spent a lot of time at their home and they finished just one room so we could have our own bed at their house. It was awesome. Tamy has started up a fundraiser for Tucker, sent out cards on our behalf, called people on my behalf, just anything and everything you can think of- Tamy has done for me and Tucker. Tamy has already made 3 visits up to the hospital this time round full of “Tamy-goodies” that I needed. Yes Tamy, I will be more prepared for our next hospital stay, but I know if I forget something you’ll be there for me.
Tamy- words can never express how much I love you. Today (February 20th) is your Birthday and I have absolutely nothing to give you but this post. You have done so much for me I know I can never repay you. I’m so lucky to have you in my life and I would be completely lost without you. You mean the world to me. You are an awesome mom, wife, sister and mostly a friend. Thank you for everything you have done and are continuing to do for Tucker.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
And for the record Amber and Tamy are the same age for 5 whole days. Amber use to hate this growing up and I don't know how mom had a newborn and not quite one year old at the same time.-Tamy

The Wonderful Sisters Charity, Amber and Tamy November 2007



Amber and Tamy January 2010
Christmas Charity, Amber and Tamy Christmas 2009

Amber and Tamy ready for dance.

2 comments:

  1. Yes i agree Tamy rocks, so do you. Cant wait to see you both tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think about it mom had a newborn, a 1 year old and i was only 2, there is no way i could do that

    ReplyDelete