Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tucker's Great Escape

Ok so here’s the deal we are going to make a break for it- the.. plan, let's call it “Tucker’s Great Escape”, nobody will know what it means- it's totally in code, this is an elaborate plan… I made a cake…- a cake that had a file smuggled in the center of it- and an escape route that I sketched out on toilet paper- finally- a full proof escape plan… so-we got the file CHECK-we have kept careful and precise notes of the time the guards patrolled our doors- so distract the guard, check…. escape vehicle standing by- check- escape map on toilet paper (good for 2 reasons…. You never know what you’re going to need toilet paper it is a MUST)…double check… hopefully Tucker doesn’t have to use the toilet paper before we get to the end of the escape route or we may have to double back and risk being caught….
*whew* WE MADE IT- my plan was flawless… it was amazing… it was like we walked out the front door! We are HOME….. home home home…. We have tried to hide all our tracks - and we cover up our scents so the dogs can’t track us- that was a trick lemme tell you- with the way Tucker’s butt has been stinking… WHEW… tracking dogs from New York could find us! LOL!!
Honestly they lets us out early due to good behavior- Tucker’s body has been put on parole! So far so good! He is “stable” and finally able to send home. It caught everybody by surprise- I didn’t think we would come home until Wednesday at the earliest so we were scrambling like crazy to get everything ready for us. Karleen went and got us groceries and Justin was frantically trying to get the room together=- but that didn’t happen so we just got beds put out in the front room. Today though I was able to move Tucker’s bed into his new bedroom, we have 2 beds in there now, tucker is up on the bed and I’m on the floor. Unless you hear Tucker it’s really hard to explain his speech to you. Its like he’s 2 years old trying to get words out. It took me 15 minutes today to figure out that Tucker was trying to tell me he wanted a STRAW…. A freaking STRAW people! I tried to have him write it down but it looked like “astaw” so I was trying to come up with words that were like “astaw”… Astringent? LOL Steel? Apple? Water? Popcorn?! Come on child I’m trying my hardest! And then finally FINALLY- after Tucker stopped laughing at me- I got it- it was “A Staw” or “A STRAW”… I can’t believe I didn’t get that. I felt like such a dummy! He’s frustrated because he knows what he wants to say- but his words are not working with him. I hope each day he will get better but this is the reason he won’t, of his own choice, talk on the phone. He has talked to 2 people now- Kym today because its her birthday and she is his “kymie” and all he could say is “Happy” and he tried to say “birthday” but it sounded more like “umenbenth” or “bueiserer”… he tried 2 times- but each time he got “happy” right and he can say “I love you”, when I talked to Kym she said she got what he was trying to say and that’s all that matters. I was just so happy that he tried to talk to her. I feel that was a big step. Also today Tucker got a very cool present from a class mate of his- Braxton. He got this popcorn machine and this bag full of candy and a gift card to blockbuster- just all this cool stuff! So he wanted to talk to Braxton who is his buddy in class- and all Tucker could say was “Hi Braxton” I was impressed that he said that much! And then Braxton didn’t really know what to say back other than “hi” so I chimed in and just said to him “just keep talking to him Braxton, he is listening to you!” and off Braxton went- talking about the weather and precipitation that they are learning in class and on and on he went, and Tucker was smiling and nodding his head up and down as if agreeing with Braxton. I told Tucker to say by to him and thanked Braxton for that. That was really sweet. Braxton, buddy- if you’re reading this THANK YOU, you really made Tucker smile just talking to him.
Tomorrow, Thursday, I’m heading back to work. Karleen is watching over Tucker and this will be the start of juggling serious cancer with a full time job. I don’t know how I’m going to do it but in my situation I don’t have a choice. I have to do this for Tucker- for me- & for Justin. This will work out- please pray for me and my work that this will all fall into place. I’m more worried about work now than I am Tucker. Maybe it's because I’ve already been through this before with Tucker- I don’t know- but I need to get work set & straight first and then I can relax more.
I have pictures of Tucker new room I’ll get posted tomorrow.
Love you all- Amber
Also, just in case you're wondering (yes I have pictures- but tomorrow) the dogs have not let Tucker more than 4 inches out of their reach. They are sleeping on him, by him- lying on his feet- or their heads on his lap- fingers- legs- whatever part they can touch. They will all be lying there watching cartoons looking like they are all asleep and Honey will just pop her head up and lick Tucker’s head, or arm, and then put her head down and go back to sleep. They missed him so so much and I have the most adorable pictures- but tomorrow, I’m tired and I’ve got to work in the morning.
Tucker and Honey

Tucker, Honey, and Raven
Tucker and Raven




New Room
Cool new shelves/closet Justin built

2 comments:

  1. Great room!! Congrats on getting home!! I am not much of a freezer meal kind of person (I am a terrible cook as Jay will tell you) but I would love to send you all domino's one night on me!! Let me know which night and I will have it delivered so it is there right as you get home, text me and let me know which night will work. Hugs and keep smiling. Angie Sanderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those pants he is wearing are COOL as well as that totally neat blanket he is cuddled up with. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete