Monday, February 21, 2011

Door #1? Door #2? or Door #3?

5 days and counting down!!! No… its not a count to when is Santa going to come…. Its not a count to when your birthday comes…. Not a count down to and exciting party, event, or thing…. It’s a count down to TUCKER DONE WITH STEROIDS!!! This Sunday will be his last steroid of the Dexamethasone- HALLELUJAH… all the angels above I can hear them sing- HALLELUJAH….in this beautiful chorus… and I can hear applause out in my audience- a standing ovation- CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU MADE IT!!!!! YOU MADE IT THROUGH 4 WEEKS OF STEROIDS!! Queue Alex Trabec, or Dick Clark.. or even better… Howie Mandel- walking in saying CONGRATULATIONS AMBER & JUSTIN- YOU HAVE WON THE FINAL ROUND IN THE GAME CALLED “CAN YOU SURVIVE A MONTH WITH A 10 YEAR OLD ON AN INSANE DOSE OF STEROIDS?!” AND YOU DID! YOU CAN NOW TAKE YOUR PICK AT YOUR SECRET PRIZE… PICK EITHER DOOR #1 FOR YOUR PRIZE… OR DOOR #2…. OR EVEN.. DOOR#3!!
**oh, jeez- Justin what do you think? I don’t think we should pick DOOR1… there is never anything good in there- hu? What’s that? You think DOOR3 might have a donkey behind it? Ya, you’re right sometimes game shows pull tricks on you. So…. We feeling DOOR2? Ya… DOOR 2 has that special vibe….
OK Howie, we pick DOOR#2!
Howie: “would you like to exchange DOOR 2 for what’s in this box?”
Oh jeez… another decision….oh what to do what to do….
*TO THE CROWD* DOOR 2? YA!! THE BOX? NO!!! OK
Howie- we want DOOR#2- WAIT! CAN WE PHONE A FRIEND? NO… hum… k- we will stick with DOOR#2.
*drum roll as the DOOR#2 SLOWLY INCHES OPEN*
Howie: You have won …..TA-DA another 6 weeks time on a different set of steroids!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
*me & Justin: Wait …wait …wait… we changed our minds PLEASE DOOR1 WE WANT DOOR 1!!!NO WAIT, THE BOX! WE WILL TAKE THE BOX!!
Howie: no returns or exchanges and all complaints must be submitted in writing.
*Justin says : I think Door#2 is the door with the “donkey” behind it… and that’s what we got- we got a JACK-ASS deal!
Yes, we will be in for more steroids, but the upside is they won’t have nearly as many side effects as the one we are currently on. The Dexamethason is HARD on your body- Tucker is currently crying in the front room because its giving him MAJOR acid reflux! They have put him on strong dose of Prevacid but it only does so much. Can you just imagine? He is “STARVING TO DEATH” and needs to eat everything (another side effect) but CAN’T because it hurts to bad from the acid reflux! He’s a strong little guy, every time I say- ONLY 5 MORE DAYS…. CAN YOU MAKE IT JUST 5 MORE DAYS? And he looks at me and says: yes Mom, I can make it- just 5 more days, I’m ok.
What a trooper…. He is so strong…. He amazes me, how did I get so lucky to have him in my life?
What is the one sure fire thing that happens AFTER something already bad happened to you? Yep- car breaks down. Nothing to serious, Justin just had to fix my breaks- and he is AMAZING got them all fixed up and it only took 1hour! He is the most amazing talented guy when it comes to house stuff (like demolishing/rebuilding) and CAR stuff! Thanks to him my old car is still up and running great! Thank you Justin for all that you do. You will never know how much you mean to me. I’m the luckiest women in the whole world to have you in my life. I still wish I had a new car- *SIGH* a girl can dream can’t she?
We are up and going first thing in the morning for the final dose of “phase 1”, the start of week #4 spinal tap chemo, in our 2 year marathon-cancer battle.
Love to all
Amber & Justin & Tucker

Charity & Tucker

Tamy, Tucker and Charity
Tamy & Tucker


Cousins: Aspen, Tucker, Mason, Autumn & Mason


Cousins: Aspen, Tucker and Autumn


1 comment:

  1. Hey Tucker,
    Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Hang in there. I sure enjoy talking to you at school.
    Love, Mrs. Carroll

    ReplyDelete