Wednesday, July 27, 2011

P A R T Y!

Tucker’s birthday was just- one of the craziest birthday’s I think we have ever had.  We started out waking up bright & earlier and ran him down to radiation 8am that morning, I was a little sad we had to do that on his birthday but when they found out it was his big “11” day… as he was getting radiation done the teck’s & nurses ran around the place gathering up little “presents” from him. It was cute, it looked like they had raided somebody’s lunch for that day LOL, they gave him candy & activity books and a blanket. One thing is for sure about Hunstman they don’t keep kids stuff around…. I found a little pocket calculator in Tucker’s “birthday bag”… but it was the thought that counts.

We went from there to my sister Tamy’s house- where her and her family threw Tucker is first ever surprise birthday party! It was SO cute! She had all the kids sitting on the stairs and when we walked in they yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUCKER! She had decorated the house, banners & cake & presents! It was a wonderful surprise! So we hung out there & Tamy ordered Tuckers favorite food (at that time- it changes by the hour I swear!) was Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza.  After we were all done munching that down we started to do presents… when a surprise showed up at her door- she had hired a balloon artist guy… ya know, those balloon guys who can make “monkey’s on trees” or a “dog on a leash”… or big silly hats… he was there for an hour and the kids had a blast! I think this guy made everything that he could possibly think of, a few times over.  I had with me that day Lily (my step-daughter) and then Tamy’s 4 kids (yes even her new baby Steelie sat and watched the balloon guy & was entertained!).  So needless to say we all had every shape and size of balloons.  Even Tamy & I ended up with silly balloon hats.  What a FUN time, thank you Tamy for making that so special for Tucker.  Tamy also had a creative idea that turned out awesome; she “made” a shirt for Tucker for him to wear and everybody to sign.  I’m so proud of her crafty side, she doesn’t show it very often (haha) but when she does it is awesome! I think all of her kids have now had her make them a shirt. So cute.  With Tamy’s party & Tucker’s party later that night there wasn’t a spot left on that shirt to sign!
After we left Tamy’s house we came home and Tucker went to sleep- he was TIRED & he knew that we had big plans for that night. Angie- my guardian angel- showed up with her car FULL TO THE BRIMS of decorations, food & chairs.  Her & I worked on decorating the house from top to bottom for 3 hours straight we decorated…. It looked AWESOME.  Angie- I don’t know what I ever would have done without you in my life. I owe you so much. Thank you thank you thank you. 
At 7ish my coworker/good friend made Tucker a very VERY special birthday cake! She hand made a dragon Bakugan battle ball…. I can’t even properly describe it to you. Just look at the pictures it took her weeks to make and it looks like one of those cakes you would find on the cakes shows from The Food Network- it was THAT AMAZING!  Donalene, it was perfect- it was wonderful- it was amazing- it was more than I had expected- you are truly gifted, thank you.
Then after that it was a poring people! People just started showing up! I am absolutely amazed by how many people wanted to celebrate Tucker’s birthday with us. It brings me to tears every time I think of it.   Justin started grilling and stayed grilling for about 2 hours burgers & hot dogs & 1 steak for Tucker! Thank you honey!! Angie, Karyn, Donalene, Charity (my older sister), Lisa Call (a cancer mom from Provo & her boys showed up!!)& my mother-in-law Karleen, took over ever other task for me that needed to be done. The simple things like getting the lettuce ready, getting the tomatoes chopped ect… the tedious things that you don’t think about until the last minute. I cannot express enough thanks and love to these wonderful women in my life. I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU!!!!  I feel so- at a loss to really express my feelings for these wonderful women.
On a sad note, I had hurt my back (probably just the stress) and was walking around in a daze for most of the night. I got to mingle with everybody (I sure hope I did)… Tucker- I can’t believe his strength… he sucked it up and walked around and around saying hello to everybody & making sure everybody signed his shirt… I was amazed; he told me nothing was holding him back tonight! After we sang to him and everybody was full- we moved to the front lawn and the fireworks show began! Everybody brought fireworks to “share” and we had TONS & TONS & TONS! And more than one family/person- bought the really expensive huge high blasting big sky fireworks! THANK YOU!!! It was AMAZING!
Tucker said “IT WAS THE BEST BIRTHDAY I’VE EVER HAD!” and that is saying A LOT! Each year I do big party’s for him, I can’t help it- he’s my only son and has been battling cancer since he was 4, it just seems like every year we celebrate another birthday is like a huge accomplishment and something to make a big deal out of.  I have NO idea how I’m going to top this next year.  Thank you to everybody who showed up & came to give your love and support! A special thanks to my brother& sister in law, Anthony & Hailey- they showed up & just started cleaning! Also, Karyn, John & their kids just started cleaning and cleaning! By the time the fireworks were over & I went out back to survey the damage- it was sparkly clean! I was soooooooooooooooooo grateful. I think there is a special place in all of our hearts to the people who see a need and get to work filling that need. 
Look at the pictures and see what fun we had.
Love to all, Amber & Justin & the now 11 year old…. Tucker-man.
sorry guys blogger did it again, flipped some of my pictures and I don't know why:(

The big Candy card the kids made for Tucker
Aspen (yellow shirt), Autumn (green shirt) and Xavier

His totally dorky but AWESOME shirt I made Tucker....

The totally awesome shirt Aunt Tamy made and I wrote "Aunt Tamy Rocks" on his shirt.

The kids waiting to be impressed by balloons. Steelie (7 weeks), Aspen, Autumn, Xavier, Tucker and Lily

Tamy and Amber even got one!

Tucker with one of the MANY balloon creations

The not so awesome store bought cake that Aunt Tamy got for Tucker. We added the Lego's on it to try and make it Cool. Oh that's right Tucker said nobody says "cool" anymore.....Tamy

The "surprise" balloon guy entertaining the kids

New Hat given to Tucker from Mom and Dad


Tucker's birthday Doggy Kisses

tucker @ radiation, that's his face mask that they use to hold him in place for his brain radiation.. yet, they decorated it for him

Tucker and cousin Xavier

Tucker's awesome cake by Donalene



Tucker's awesome cake by Donalene

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tucker I am glad we got to share your special day with you. By the way that Bakugan Cake ROCKS!!!!! Way better than my store bought cake, lol. Aunt Tamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake was something else i tell you what.... truly amazing! Tucker want to try to save the dragon.. LOL
    it took Donalene a month to plan it and a few weeks to make it!
    tam, that shirt you made for tucker is totally full of signature... not one spot left! what a GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish those pictures would be the right way... they just look weird :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great time! Love u guys!

    ReplyDelete